Duration: 18 months
Salary: €25-€30k p.a.
Location: Co. Monaghan
Closing Date: 15 June 2016
Closing Time: 9:00 AM
Application Method: Online Application Form
THE ROLE (FUSION Project)
The role itself is a salaried project leadership role within the company, so ideally suited to a final year graduating student or recently qualified graduate looking for real hands on experience. The focus of the project is on supporting the company's management team to:
- Development of processes that integrate planning and control information within the company.
- Identify operational metrics and improvements to improve business performance.
- Guide company in selecting & implementing hardware & software and the development of an ERP system suitable for the food industry.
- Reduce duplication of data input and production of relevant timely reports to help manage the business & reduce waste, which will result in lower product costs which will enable the company to be more competitive in export markets.
Reporting to the Company Supervisor, you will be employed by Stillorgan Trading Post Ltd. t\a Swift Fine Foods, to lead this InterTradeIreland FUSION project in partnership with the University of Ulster. In addition, you will have the opportunity to gain a fully funded Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management from the William J. Clinton Leadership Institute at Queen’s University, Belfast whilst carrying out your role.
- To carry out the tasks outlined in the project workplan and liaise with your Company and Academic Supervisors on an ongoing basis.
- To convene and service monthly technical meetings with the core project team (Graduate, Company Supervisor and Academic Supervisor)
- To report formally on a quarterly basis on progress with the workplan to a Project Management Group (PMG), this includes the assigned FUSION Consultant representing InterTradeIreland.
- To train staff so that the new technology is fully transferred and embedded in the company
- To work closely with the academic partner and travel to the academic institute as required.
- Any other duties which might fall within the general ambit of the post.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL SET REQUIREMENTS
To be considered for this position you must:
- Expect to hold or have been awarded an Honours Degree in Production/ Manufacturing Engineering, Information Technology or a Production Management related discipline by June/July 2016.
- Be eligible to work in the Republic of Ireland and to travel across the Island of Ireland (Both Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland) as required
- Practical experience in a production environment and / or of business improvement
- Experience of business analysis.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills.
- Have demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Have demonstrated drive and enthusiasm.
There will be an opportunity for suitable candidates to be offered a full time position with the company at the end of the project.
To find out more about the InterTradeIreland Graduate Programme and the next steps go to www.intertradeireland.com/graduates
« Return to News Page